Treating Alzheimer’s patients with TPS: A revolutionary therapeutic concept
Transcranial Pulse Stimulation (TPS®) with the NEUROLITH® system is a new therapy option for patients with Alzheimer’s disease that allows targeted stimulation of cerebral regions.
- TPS® are shock waves which allow highly focal brain stimulation deep in the brain.
- TPS® allows unprecedented precision for targeting brain areas.
- TPS® avoids brain heating and generation of secondary stimulation maxima.
- TPS® has shown to
- modulate neuronal responses (SEP data)
- stimulate neuroplastic reorganization (fMRI data)
- reduce cortical atrophy (MR cortical thickness data)
- improve brain performance in AD
- recent clinical observations indicate motor improvements in Parkinson’s*
- TPS® has been proven to be safe in more than 2,500 human applications.
*The clinical study for the treatment of Parkinson's patients with the NEUROLITH® system directed by Prof. Dr Roland Beisteiner, started September 2020 at MedUni Vienna.